Discover These Bloemworks Posts!

WHO; WHO; WHO ARE YOU?!
And welcome! I have the loveliest books
for you!!🍂🍂marguerite

Who; Who; Who Are You?!

Who Is Marguerite Bloem?!


I AM A GENTLE thoughtful older lady; suddenly nearing her seventies now! Who has been writing; by now; for most of her life. I have also been so many other things! 

A McDonald's fry cook; a Sear's underwear girl; a library clerk; a systems analyst and programmer... 

I made my own way through! And so; i was one of the first women in tech! And i was one of the first programmers; ever! 

I was very good at my work; and they told me that i was talented; and i did cringe a bit at that! As i associated talent with the arts

And my family was an old European arts family; and so; i have also been a life long musician.-With cello; recorder; piano; voice; and ever listening; of course. 

And; most importantly; i was a mama! Of one sweet smart boy. And so; the beat goes gently sweetly on; and cheers! Long live art; beauty; humanity; democracy! 

And if we must; as we must; fight for that!

marguerite bloem🍂
Which is pronounced bloom!
As all humans and flowers must do.


AND JUST SOME politische thoughts... Since i cannot hold my tongue. My most concerning thing is always; and has always been; human rights; which are being sorely abused now; in my land. And war. Same difference; right? 

My parents survived occupied Amsterdam; and the long famine there. So i know the story of war. I know the history of war. I know; the atrocious things the Nazis did there. 

So i am grateful to Pope Leo; who so powerfully speaks out against war; and travels to extremely difficult countries where there is war.-I like him. When i read about his youth and childhood; i thought; he is my brother! 

My father would have liked him too. Though he was often jealous when he teased; that my Catholic mother was always in love with her popes and priests! But most of that was just in play; and he would have respected a good man when he saw one.🍂🍂


I AM ALSO deeply sorry for the people who are being harassed in our land; the latest.-A beautiful family of brothers; six brothers; i think! And a sister; went camping; so that the cousins could play. Imagine how beautiful that is! 

They would be safe there; they thought. 

But in the night; the forest ranger they had spoken to before brought ICE. And so; another good family down. They all had pending immigration cases. I am so so sorry!

In my state; we do not
round up humans that way! 

And i am holding a good wish for the family; and for the fate of those dear children. I am grateful that i live in a sanctuary state; or is it just city? 

Where the police do not cooperate with ICE; and where ICE may not stage their operations on municipal land. 

Although; on the other hand; the federal government controls the skies! And therefore also then; the airport; so please be careful there! If you have an unresolved immigration case. 

And please know; that much of this country is on your side; and many of us once were immigrant. And we will continue to fight for; and to vote for; and to march for; human rights for all. 

And our smartest people will legislate for that; and more. Because human rights are the most important issue; in my book. Because if we do not let humans live; then we are not human.🍂🍂


THERE ARE 500,000 cars in my city. I am going to buy a pony. There is an island in Ireland where they have wild ponies! We will keep him in our garage; which looks like a dear old farm shed; and i will ride him to the store.-Who knows?! 

Pretty soon maybe; everyone will have a pony; not a car.-I know! So if you move here; bring your pony!! I am also going to move to All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. Where i will continue to write my books! There is no zipcode yet. 

I am tired of this world; and of all the strongmen of this world; and all the fakers and rakers of this world. Meet me at Drovers if you're there! The first drink is on me.🍂🍂


I AM ALSO holding my breath for the struggles of the transexuals; in my first American home state; Kansas; and i am proud that my once-dear-small-hometown; Lawrence; plays a welcome host there.

I am not transsexual; but one time; when i cut my hair; everyone thought i was every kind of strange thing; and i was relentlessly harassed for that; and pointed out for that. 

And i was daily made aware; that i had broken the rule; the fundamental rule then.-That women may not have short hair. And they even started to question my sex; and my sexuality. 

But what a silly rule is that?! My hair had been so thick; that i had barely even seen my face before; so; little did i know; that it was a beautiful face! And i felt so free

The world is full of fools; isn't it? 

Oh; no! people said. To my face! Straight to my face! All that pretty hair! While i was just gently innocently standing there; trying to live a gentle noble life; a gentle quiet literary life.

I did not know; i had not yet known; that a woman; in her life; is beholden to being a hair dummy; but no! While i was raising my boy; i gained at least twenty hours a day that way

By having sweet beautiful short hair. And a fresh sweet open face. And the younger men; who yet had open minds; liked me even more that way! As a straight sexual woman; i mean. And they did not need hair; to determine that. Or that i was stiupid. Or that i had a name like Kitty-kat; or Boopsie.

It was a pleasant kind non-judgmental space in my world. Oh; forever and always more people like that! And whoever you are; wherever you are; however you look; whatever you do; rock on!!🍂🍂 


BUT I USED TO walk; where the transexuals hang now; on Massachusetts street. (Having escaped from other parts of Kansas; i mean; they did.) I was only five years old when i lived in Kansas. 

I would do errands for my mother sometimes. (In big families; you do!) And that is where i learned to cross a busy street. That was hard for me! We didn't have cars; i didn't know cars. 

And so; i didn't understand how fast they could go; and how soon they could hit me. But one time; a stranger rescued me. "Are you trying to cross the street?" he said. And yes; i was! 

I had been standing there a while. "You can go now!" he said. "But how fast does that car go?" But he said i had plenty of time. Dear sweet heroes everywhere. Love; peace; and social equality! For everyone; for eff sakes; okay.🍂marguerite


AND JUST A USEFUL life's tip. If you lose your glasses; when you find them; you must hug them; and kiss them; and say; Blessings on my glasses! So that you can finish writing your books. And then; fervently hope! That you will never lose them again. And there is no guarantee; but still. It is good to be positive.🍂🍂

Clicketty-click the linketty-link! For some beautiful thoughtful stories; large and small; in paperback.-For you.


AND HERE; JUST FOR INSPIRATION...
A foto of Pope Leo; who i have also mentioned above. Who seems one of the most positive voices on the horizon in this day; against what we are hearing in this country these days. 

This foto from my daily local; and by the fotographer; Andrew Medichini; AP. It is a sweet face; isn't it? That seems full of peace; love; humanity; humility. 

And forgive me for cropping and tinting it a bit. It seemed to deserve a very special treatment.🍂marguerite 

COPYRIGHT BY MARGUERITE BLOEM!
All rights reserved. Thank You.